Criteria and Details for making a Nomination
Distinguished Alumnus Award
The Distinguished Alumnus Award (DAA) of IIT Roorkee seeks to recognise alumni who have excelled in professional, corporate, academic and /or social activities.
1. The nominee must have completed at least one degree (UG/PG/PhD) from IIT Roorkee.
2. The nominee must have made significant contributions in one or more of the categories mentioned below.
1. Academic Excellence
2. Corporate Development/Administration/Entrepreneurship
3. Social Sciences/Engineering/Public Administration
4. Service to Society
Any member of the IIT Roorkee administration, Senate, faculty, staff, a member of the Alumni Association, and alumni are eligible to nominate an alumnus for the award.
1. The nominations must be submitted via an online Nomination form available on the website of the Dean of Alumni Affairs and International Relations. Hard copies will not be accepted.
2. The duly filled nominations must be received by the Dean of Resources and Alumni Affairs Office latest by 31st July 2017.
3. A person can nominate only one alumnus.
4. A nomination will be eligible for consideration for a period of two years.
5. Self-nominations are not accepted.
A selection committee will be constituted by the Director for the purpose of shortlisting and final selection.
The awards shall be announced by October 2017 and given on the occasion of Charter Day (November 25, 2017).
The award consists of a citation, a medal and a certificate.
Please click here to fill the Nomination form